1. Start slow:
– Always ease yourself into the season. Ensure you attend pre-season training, and slowly increase your load.
2. Warm up:
– Try and complete a good warm and cool down. Especially as you are still
building your skills back up to a performance level. It is an important part of injury prevention.
– Most sports require many skills. Work some cardio into your exercise routine and vary the speed and load at which you’re training.
4. Check with your Physio:
– If you’ve had an injury, always get clearance from your physiotherapist to
ensure a safe return to sport (and prevent hurting yourself again!)
5. Have fun:
– Don’t forget the importance of mateship and being physically active; there are so many benefits!
If you have any concerns about your return to activity whether it be football, hockey, netball, tennis, basketball, or any other sport, we can support you to perform at your best!